Tracking affiliate links is an integral part of understanding the progress of your online business. While manually tracking affiliate links is possible, it can be a very tedious process and is highly vulnerable to error.
That’s where ThirstyAffiliates comes in to save the day. Using this tool, you can quickly and effortlessly track link clicks and conversions. And in this post, we’ll show you how. So let’s get started!
Level up your affiliate marketing efforts with ThirstyAffiliates – get started today!
Why Is Affiliate Link Tracking So Important?
As we said, affiliate link tracking is essential because it helps you keep track of your affiliate marketing efforts, especially if you’re juggling several different affiliate programs.
However, aside from making your affiliate program management much simpler, here are a few other reasons affiliate link tracking is so great:
- Find Highest-Earning Pages/Links. By actively tracking and monitoring your affiliate links, you’ll see which affiliate links are earning the most clicks and income for your online business. You’ll also know where visitors are most often accessing your links on your website.
- Get Inspiration For New Ways To Promote. Perhaps you’ve found that your links aren’t performing the way you thought they would, or you’d like to boost lower-performing links. Through affiliate link tracking, you can learn more about why these links aren’t top performers and start formulating a plan to fix the problem.
- Learn How To Place Your Affiliate Links Properly. By using ThirstyAffiliates, you can monitor the progress of your affiliate links and learn where clicks are gaining the most momentum. Using this information, you can figure out the best places for your links so they can reach the most people.
How to Track Conversions With ThirstyAffiliates
1.Install And Activate ThirstyAffiliates
Before anything else, you need to purchase, install, and activate ThirstyAffiliates on your WordPress website. Once this is done, it will create a new ThirstyAffiliates menu item on your WordPress admin sidebar.
2. Configure Settings
On your WordPress dashboard, navigate to ThirstyAffiliates > Settings > Modules. In this section, you can enable and disable certain features of ThirstyAffiliates for your website. Scroll down and check the box next to Google Click Tracking. Enabling this option allows you to track link clicks with Google Analytics.
3. Set Up Google Link Tracking
In ThirstyAffiliates Pro, you can activate Google Click Tracking under ThirstyAffiliates > Settings > Modules. Google Click Tracking is turned on by default, but if you want to make sure it’s working correctly, follow the steps above.
Now, you need to tell ThirstyAffiliates which tracking script you’re using on your site so you can connect it to your Google Analytics account. This way, you’ll be able to view link clicks and conversions through Google Analytics.
4. Install And Configure MonsterInsights
To make connecting your site to Google Analytics a seamless process, we recommend you install MonsterInsights. MonsterInsights is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily add, customize, and manage Google Analytics right from your WordPress dashboard. To use the plugin, simply go to the WordPress plugin directory, then install and activate it. Follow the simple instructions to connect your affiliate website to Google Analytics.
5. Set Up ThirstyAffiliates Link Tracking
With MonsterInsights ready, you can set up and configure ThirstyAffiliates link tracking. Go to Insights > Settings > Publisher. Then scroll down to Affiliate Links to outline your link paths and labels so Google Analytics can differentiate between your affiliate links and other links on your site. Once you’ve finished configuring your links, click Save.
How To View Link Progress
Now that things are all set up, you’re ready to view reports! You have a few options to view and analyze your links and their progress:
- View In Your WordPress Dashboard With MonsterInsights. With MonsterInsights, you can view your link clicks and conversions in your WordPress Dashboard. All you have to do is go to Insight > Reports > Publishers, then scroll over to Top Affiliate Links so you can see how your links are doing. Note that you’ll need to have at least MonsterInsights Plus to access this feature.
- View Google Analytics Data In MonsterInsights. If you’d like to view your Google Analytics Data, and you have at least MonsterInsights Plus, all you have to do is click View All Affiliate Links Report on your WordPress dashboard to view the data without having to leave the backend of your WordPress website.
- View Inside Google Analytics. To view your link clicks and their progress in Google Analytics, all you have to do is navigate to the Google Analytics website, login, and go to Behavior > Events > Top Events to view your links’ progress.
Ready to start the online business of your dreams? You can do it in no time with ThirstyAffiliates!
As you can see, tracking link conversions with ThirstyAffiliates is easy and doesn’t require the help of an experienced developer. Simply follow the steps above, and you’ll have ThirstyAffiliates set up in no time. Then you can start creating a robust affiliate marketing program that will bring in significant sales for your online business!