Affiliate marketing wouldn’t be possible without products in need of promotion. The good news is, the internet houses millions of items to choose from. But where do you find the best affiliate products for your blog?
As an affiliate marketer, your mission is to find popular products within your niche that will best serve the needs of your audience.
Whether you’re looking for the best kitchen accessories or the latest tech gadgets, you want to provide a large assortment of affiliate products for your readers to choose from and ultimately purchase with the help of your marketing efforts.
In this article, we’ll guide you on how to find affiliate products to promote by sharing some of the top affiliate programs online today. From there, we’ll leave you to explore these programs and find the perfect products that will skyrocket your affiliate sales. Let’s get to it!
How to Find Affiliate Products to Promote (6 Best Places)
Amazon offers millions of products to more than 197 million shoppers from around the globe. So naturally, this company is considered to be one of the biggest independent affiliate networks in the world.
Why Use Amazon?
Amazon’s affiliate program, also known as Amazon Associates, offers almost any item you can think of to add to your affiliate product showcase. Here are a few more reasons to check out their affiliate program:
- They’re trusted by many people. People confidently buy from Amazon because they know the company can deliver.
- They have an awesome ability to upsell, which means you can be in for big commissions. Upselling simply means recommending items that are related to the product of interest during the purchasing process.
- You are rewarded for selling more. Did you know that your commission level with Amazon starts around 4-5%? Not a lot, right? But the more sales you make, the higher your commission rate. You can earn around 10%, which can really add up on higher ticket items.
Amazon also has great sales and promotions that can lead to additional commissions. And they have the website-compatible tools you need for success.
Note that there are different affiliate programs for each Amazon store location, and you’ll need to apply to each one separately:
- United States (US) Amazon Associates Program
- United Kingdom (UK) Amazon Associates Program
- Amazon Germany (DE) PartnerNet
- Amazon France (FR) Club Partenaires
- Japan (JP) Amazon Associates Program
- Canada (CA) Amazon Associates Program
- China (CN) Amazon Associates Program
- Italy (IT) Amazon Programma Affiliazione
- Spain (ES) Amazon Afiliados
- India (IN) Amazon Associates Program
- Brazil (BR) Amazon Associados
WARNING: Amazon doesn’t take kindly to cloaking affiliate links. If you do cloak your links and they find out, it can result in expulsion from their affiliate program. Make sure you make use of the uncloaking feature in our plugin, ThirstyAffiliates. It lets you track and manage all your Amazon affiliate links but still satisfies the program’s stricter terms of service surrounding link cloaking.
ClickBank is another popular affiliate network with more than 500,000 members worldwide. As you can imagine, when it comes to finding affiliate products to promote, they make it easy. ClickBank’s major source is digital sales and information products like e-books. However, they do offer some opportunities for physical sales.
Why Use ClickBank?
- Like Amazon, this site is packed with thousands of products.
- You can review reports in real-time, as ClickBank provides constant data on sales, cancellations, refunds, and so on.
Rakuten is considered a well-established affiliate marketing service. They offer a wide range of other marketing solutions but mainly work with larger businesses with substantial marketing budgets and annual sales.
Why Use Rakuten?
- Caters to your short- and long-term affiliate marketing goals.
- Provides up-to-date reports on your progress as an affiliate.
- They are an enterprise-level affiliate marketing service, which makes them easier to work with.
ShareASale is actually one of the first affiliate networks established and continues to offer amazing products within many different categories. These offerings include everything from organic/green products to all kinds of business services. However, they charge a sign-up fee as well as fees for each sale.
Why Use ShareASale?
- Supports a long list of ad types, from text and image ads to pop-ups and more.
- Track and report your progress and allows you access to these reports in real-time.
- Offers a robust support service with a team able to guide you through every aspect of their system.
- As part of your membership, they provide access to training videos and documentation as well as monthly training.
- They work with a variety of publishers and merchants from various retail and service sectors.
The eBay Partner Network has also been around for several years and has a strong, supporting reputation. With over 162 million active shoppers and five million sellers, eBay makes it easy to find relevant products to promote to your audience.
It’s also open to 13 countries around the world, meaning there’s a good chance you can tap into global markets.
Why Use eBay?
- Creates links for single listings that you can share on social media.
- Gain access to their database, allowing you to personalize the feed on your site.
- Delivers easy-to-understand reports as well as analytics aimed toward improving and measuring performance.
- Offers customer service in five languages.
- Keeps you up-to-date on the latest tips and trends in the affiliate marketing industry.
Everybody’s set foot in a Walmart at one point or another. You can find almost anything in that place (including some pretty fantastic people watching).
The Walmart affiliate program follows a similar pattern: you can promote almost any product, from Chia pets to crossbows. The difference between Walmart and Amazon can be unclear at times, but both offer tons of affiliate products to choose from.
Why Use Walmart?
- 1-4% commission depending on the product (low, but counts for ANY product in their popular categories)
- Plentiful creatives, banner ads, and creation tools
- Robust SDK that allows you to add buy now buttons to your site easily
- Absolutely massive brand recognition
- Specialized data feeds to track top products
In this article, we’ve highlighted the top six affiliate programs most commonly known in the affiliate marketing world, including:
- Amazon Associates
Do you have a great method regarding how to find affiliate products to promote? Please share it with us in the comments section!