Starting an affiliate website can be one of the best ways to earn a passive income. However, if you don’t use the right tools, you may find it difficult to manage your affiliate links. Struggling to keep up with your affiliate link performance also makes it hard to improve your strategies and increase your earnings.
Fortunately, installing a WordPress plugin designed for affiliate marketing could streamline many of your tasks. With the right tools, you could even get additional insight into how your links are performing and best practices for placing them on your site.
In this post, we’ll recommend 6 of the best affiliate plugins for WordPress. Using one or more of these tools will allow you to get the most out of your affiliate marketing efforts. Let’s get started!
Our very own ThirstyAffiliates plugin is a favorite in the affiliate world for its ability to cloak links, disguising them to protect your information and commissions. Since it will also shorten URLs, this process can make your advertisements appear credible and trustworthy, thus encouraging more clicks.
Additionally, ThirstyAffiliates is an all-in-one solution for managing important affiliate tasks. You’ll be able to add links to WordPress posts, pages, and comments. Then, once you gain clicks, ThirstyAffiliates will also generate detailed reports.
- Affiliate link shortener/cloaker
- Click tracking and reports
- Automatic linking of affiliate keywords
- Geolocation links
- Link fixer
- Automatic 404 checker
Pricing: ThirstyAffiliates is available as a free WordPress plugin. However, if you’d like advanced affiliate reports or Amazon API importing, you can purchase the ThirstyAffiliates Pro add-on, starting at $79.50.
2. Pretty Links
Also created by our ThirstyAffilaites team is Pretty Links, another great affiliate link shortening tool. Unlike many other link-based tools, Pretty Links generates shortened links with your current domain name. This setting can clean up your affiliate URLs while maintaining your brand.
Pretty Links is also helpful for creating redirects. After generating shortened links, you can redirect them to another page. Using 301, 302, or 307 redirects, you can display your domain name while taking users to your affiliate information.
- Link shortener
- Click tracking
- Reports on links clicked, date ranges, and unique clicks
- Click details with IP addresses, remote hosts, browsers, operating systems, and referring sites
- Temporary or permanent redirects
- Nofollow/no index links
One of the best ways to add analytics to your affiliate website is to install MonsterInsights. This plugin makes it easy for bloggers to start tracking links with Google Analytics. Since MonsterInsights also provides ecommerce tracking, it can be an effective option for online business owners.
- Click tracking for affiliate links, banner ads, and outbound links
- Google Analytics dashboard
- WooCommerce metrics
- Compatibility with other affiliate management plugins like Pretty Links and ThirstyAffiliates
Pricing: You can download MonsterInsights for free. The plugin includes a comprehensive set of tools for affiliates and business owners alike. If you need advanced tracking reports, consider purchasing the premium plugin, starting at $99.50 per year.
As an affiliate, you’ll likely place advertisements on your website to supplement your income. To optimize your results, it can be helpful to use an ad management plugin such as AdSanity.
With AdSanity, you can build new ads and keep track of their performance. You can even create advertisements with your affiliate links and use analytics to better promote products to your audience.
- Lightweight coding for fast page loading times
- Display ads with widgets, shortcodes, and template tags
- Developer-friendly actions and filters
- Graphical stats about ad performance
- Add-ons for Google Analytics tracking, custom ad sizes, and more
Pricing: You can purchase AdSanity for as little as $59 per year. This Basic plan includes the core plugin and some add-ons.
Prices are consistently changing on Amazon, making it hard to keep up and display up-to-date information to your readers. Fortunately, AAWP is a WordPress affiliate plugin that can automatically refresh your Amazon promotions to display accurate products, prices, and discounts. This way, you won’t have to update each item manually, helping you save precious time.
- Amazon product boxes with titles, descriptions, availability, pricing, discounts, and action buttons
- Automated lists for bestsellers or new releases
- Dynamic text links
- Geotargeting for international visitors
- Pre-designed templates and styles
Pricing: AAWP is a premium plugin that starts at $137.18 for a personal plan. With this option, you’ll receive all the core features, along with one year of updates and support.
6. Easy Affiliate
On the other hand, what if you own an online business and want to create your own affiliate program? Using Easy Affiliate, you can start managing affiliate partners for your ecommerce website in a snap.
Once you install the plugin, you’ll be able to track commissions, set up payment methods, and create custom affiliate links for your marketing partners. Plus, these features are accessible from a user-friendly affiliate dashboard in your WordPress admin area.
- Real-time reports on clicks, commissions, and affiliate stats
- One-click payouts with PayPal
- No transaction fees
- Customizable affiliate dashboard
- Fraud detection
- Integrations with MonsterInsights, WooCommerce, MemberPress, and other ecommerce tools
Pricing: To start using Easy Affiliate, you can purchase a subscription for as little as $99.50 per year
Ultimately, the right affiliate plugin can help you earn more revenue from your partner products. Whether you’re starting an affiliate program or need a way to manage referral links, WordPress affiliate plugins can automate and simplify these tasks.
- ThirstyAffiliates: cloaks links to protect your affiliate information and commissions.
- Pretty Links: shorten and personalize affiliate links to match your brand.
- MonsterInsights: provides the important analytics on how your affiliate links are performing.
- AdSanity: place affiliate links in click-worthy advertisements throughout your site.
- AAWP: automate the constantly changing information on your Amazon affiliate links.
- Easy Affiliate: when you’re ready to create your own affiliate program to promote your online business.
Do you have any questions about using affiliate plugins on your WordPress website? Ask us in the comments section below!