Creating a profitable website with affiliate marketing is not an easy task because if it was, it would be very easy for anyone to build an empire in this industry with just a few clicks. However, I am not saying that this is an impossible thing to do. In fact, it can be done but in order to be successful in affiliate marketing, you need a reliable website to begin with and strategies on how you can profit from it.
How Affiliate Marketing Works
Perhaps most of you know how affiliate marketing works by now but for those who are not familiar with this, let me refresh your mind.
Affiliate marketing is a form of marketing wherein you refer a person to a product online. When this person buys that product simply because you have recommended it, you are then paid by the seller through commission or percentage depending on the agreement between the seller and the affiliate.
There are plenty of ways where you can place commission-earning links in your blog or website but the most common and perhaps the most effective way to do this is by adding them within your content.
Reasons Why You Should Become An Affiliate
Now why should one become an affiliate? Do you need to earn a degree in order to do this? Truth is you don’t have to be a genius to become one (although being smart has something to do with it too) as affiliate marketing can be done easily as long as you have the dedication and patience. Becoming an affiliate is also easy because:
- The startup cost is low and compared to regular businesses, you don’t have to rent a space and do inventory on your stocks. You can start affiliate marketing even if you have none of that.
- You don’t have to hire staff. You don’t have a messy payroll to deal with too. Everything is done by you for you. And if you plan to expand later on, then perhaps you can outsource in the future.
- No products needed here. Sure you are promoting a product but you can promote them even without using one. You simply have to promote those which are already for sale so you don’t have to go through the hassle of really getting to know that item.
- You just need to learn and have the passion to do it. You don’t need to be an expert on a subject in order to sell affiliate products. All you need is the ability to sell and market these affiliate products to the right people.
- It’s a passive income. If you are looking for a good way to earn extra, this is it. Let’s say you are earning an income from your regular job but in need of another way to earn. Becoming an affiliate is a good way to go, for one, you don’t really have to stick with it all day and you can keep making money on the same day you are working just as long as you know how to balance things.
- You can work on your own hours. You don’t have to sit all day and do it but you can choose what hour you want to work on it. You have the power to control your time and be the boss. Sounds great, right?
But then the question remains, do you really need a website to do affiliate marketing? Can you do one even without the need to stay in front of the computer?
Owning a Website and Affiliate Marketing
Yes, the rumors are true. You can do affiliate marketing without owning a website. However, not owning a website can be difficult too. In fact, you can benefit a lot if you own a website and plan on becoming an affiliate. You will be successful at it because:
- Websites stay online 24/7 which means you can earn even while you are sleeping. You don’t even have to check on it constantly. As long as you have the proper set up, your website can function on its own.
- You are the boss. You don’t have to work for any website but your own. You can manage your own posts, place the links accordingly and schedule the post according to your own time.
- You can choose what products to place and promote in your site. Since you are in control, you have the right to place ads or banners in your own site without asking anyone’s permission. You are also in control of what post should be on your website.
- It’s a lot easier to promote on social media. Since you own the site, you can simply link it to social networks without going through the eye of a needle.
- You become a reliable source for customers. Owning a website means that you have a permanent place where people can check out different products (especially if you are promoting various items) that you are promoting. Once you establish your name as a trusted affiliate, it will be a lot easier for your readers to check on the latest products you have in line and sellers can contact you easily too. It’s a win-win situation in general.
Do You Really Need To Own A Website?
Of course! A website is basically the foundation of any online business. If you do it correctly, it can be your own brand in the future. Not only that, most affiliate programs these days require one to own a website in order to be called an affiliate partner. If you own one, you don’t need to rely on the Pay Per Click campaigns (although nothing is wrong with that strategy) or spamming social media sites with your post.
Putting up a website can be an intimidating thought when you think about it but with today’s technology, everything can be done without much trouble. And if you plan on making a living out of this then it is best that you invest in one. Your success is within reach, start on that website today!